Click HERE to visit Mr. Kaese’s Blog!
PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION (PTA) Happenings:
DIRECTORY – Last chance for your child’s Name/Address/Phone Number to be included in the school directory!!!
If you are not sure if your child is in the directory you can reference the online registration.
– Go to http://www.sd25.org/
– Search for Online registration Ivy Hill
– Click on Registration (Current Student)
– Click on the English or Spanish registration
– Enter your email address
– Enter your Password and press sign in
– Locate your child’s submitted forms for the 2014-2015 school year
– Click on the Registration link
– You can now view your registration documents to see if you are already signed up to be in the directory
– Under PTA membership you will see the section on the directory. You will NOT be in the directory if you checked the box next to the section that states:
I DO NOT wish to have my student’s contact information listed in the 2014-2015 directory
– Please contact Jessica Palano @ email@example.com if you would like to be added or deleted from the directory
– Changes MUST be received by Friday, Oct. 3rd
REFLECTIONS ART PROGRAM – All Ivy Hill students are welcome to participate in the 2014-2015 PTA Reflections Arts Program. This year’s theme is “The world would be a better place if…”. Reflect on the theme. Create an original work. Be recognized. Art categories are photography, visual arts, literature, film production, dance choreography and musical composition. For information, rules and entry forms please see the Reflections handbook located in our school office, visit http://www.ilpta-d37.org/reflections.html or contact Lori Ann Oyen at firstname.lastname@example.org / 847-255-1195. All projects are due by Friday October 24th.
EVERYBODY COUNTS Week is coming October 20-24. Everybody Counts is a program designed to teach children about various disabilities and how children with these challenges cope with them. The goal is understanding; to help everyone look for the person behind the disability and to create a climate in which we all feel at ease with our differences. Each presentation will provide the children with an opportunity to experience what it would be like to cope with a disability. Would you like the opportunity to lead you child’s class in this experience? A script will be provided and there are typically 4-5 volunteers who share each presentation. Please contact Jennifer Sadowski (email@example.com) to be added to our volunteer list. When the dates and times are confirmed for each grade level, we’ll follow up with you to confirm if you are available at those times.
BOX TOPS – Congratulations to our winning families of this month’s Box Tops Raffle. Lucky families brought home a certificate for a free hamburger at Wendy’s! Next month’s prizes will be a sweet one! We will have two Dairy Queen ice cream cakes to raffle off in October! Every ten Box Tops is equal to 1 ticket in the raffle drawing. Good luck, and thanks again for your support.
I Fives go to:
Juvenile Protection Committee – Kathy Thompson and Stephanie Horvath for coordinating the Fire Safety Trailer event on Tuesday.
District/Community Happenings: posted on District 25’s website at http://www.sd25.org/pages/sd25